WAB Event Guidance
If you are planning an event at WAB, please run through this checklist to ensure you have booked everything you need.
Have you submitted a calendar request?
- For posting Whole School public or staff-only events on the calendar, please provide details to email@example.com
- For posting school-section specific public or staff-only events to the calendar, please provide details to the corresponding Assistant Principal
Venue reservation should be completed through Office 365 calendar.
Note: for locations that are not listed on the 365 calendar, you may need to contact the specific school section or WABX for reservation.
For a small group, you may choose to buy snacks or lunches at Aramark’s usual food outlets using the school guest cards. Guest cards are available at ES Finance Department, MS and HS receptions.
To book refreshments from Aramark, please check out the following link for details: Food and Beverage Request. NOTE: F&B requests for small events should be made at least 48 hours in advance. Requests for special functions or major events should be made at least one week in advance.
To book refreshments from other vendors, you will need to make your own arrangements and obtain an official fapiao made out to “北京京西学校” for reimbursement.
Please check with your line manager or school section principal for budget details for your event.
Do you need a photographer or videographer? Do you need your event live streamed?
Please submit your request for:
(Photography requests should be made at least one week in advance)
(Video requests should be made one week in advance if outside regular school hours)
(Livestream requests should be made two weeks in advance. You will be notified of approval status at least one week before your requested event)
To further promote your event through WAB's official print or online channels:
- Complete the Publications Help Request form for the following job requests:
- Banners, invitation, flyers, poster design, digital screen coverage
- Signage/directional signage
- Contact Chris Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for
- WAB Weekly, WAB Special Email and School News
- Promotion in local/national/international media outlets
- Social media pre-event promotion and post-event coverage
WAB Promotional Materials at Your Event
When hosting an event at WAB, please display the following materials to help promote our school, reinforce its reputation and keep our community connected:
- 11 Reasons to Come to WAB brochure
- WAB At A Glance
- Come to WAB
- Pull-up (indoor use only)
- A1 poster (outdoor use, to be displayed on metal stands - requested from Facilities Events Coordinator Edison Zhu at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Social Media
- Pull-up (indoor use only)
- A1 poster (outdoor use; to be displayed on metal stands - requested from Facilities Events Coordinator
dison Zhu at email@example.com)
All materials are available in the Elementary School and High School Admissions meeting room cabinets. Kindly return any leftover materials to the nearest school reception desk after the event for convenient pick-up.
Properties Department Support
For set-up including stage, podium, tables, etc.
An online event-booking request form needs to be submitted to the Properties Department.
Microphone, lighting, etc.
An AV request form needs to be submitted to the Properties Department.
- Security and car parking: Please contact Security Manager Mr. Mark Mazzarol at firstname.lastname@example.org
Does your event require a school nurse or medical services?
Please contact Ms. Brigitta Rufer email@example.com.
If you should need further guidance or advice, please contact the Director of Communications, Suzi Roberts: firstname.lastname@example.org.